'...Kaun hoga jo mujhe us ki tarah yaad kare' Parveen Shakir remembered on 65th birth anniversary
Parveen Shakir was born in Karachi on 24th November 1952. She received two undergraduate degrees, one in English literature and the other in linguistics, and obtained MA degrees in the same subjects from the University of Karachi. She also holds a PhD and another MA degree in Bank Administration.
In 1982, Shakir qualified for the Central Superior Services Examination. She obtained an MA degree in Public Administration from Harvard University America in 1991.
'Khushbu' gave her a dream start and then her road to success never stopped. Parveen Shakir’s poetry books include Sad-barg (1980), Khud Kalami and Inkar (1990), Kaf e Aina (1994). Maah-e-Tamaam (1994).
Perveen Shakir gave a subtle combination of classical traditions and modern sensitivity to Urdu poetry, also became the first woman to use true feminism in a man dominated Urdu poetry by using word ‘Larki’ in her writings.
Her collection is a reflection of feminine perspective on love, romance, aloofness, separation, and intimacy.
She was popular for her outspoken feminist thoughts and received the country’s highest honor the ‘Pride of Performance’ in 1976.
- Pakistan reports 303 fresh covid cases, positivity rate stays below ...09:24 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:04 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 November 202108:38 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Barbados all set to remove Queen Elizabeth as head of state next week12:44 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- 10-year-old girl spotted driving car on Faisalabad’s busy road11:02 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021