'...Kaun hoga jo mujhe us ki tarah yaad kare' Parveen Shakir remembered on 65th birth anniversary
Parveen Shakir was born in Karachi on 24th November 1952. She received two undergraduate degrees, one in English literature and the other in linguistics, and obtained MA degrees in the same subjects from the University of Karachi. She also holds a PhD and another MA degree in Bank Administration.
In 1982, Shakir qualified for the Central Superior Services Examination. She obtained an MA degree in Public Administration from Harvard University America in 1991.
'Khushbu' gave her a dream start and then her road to success never stopped. Parveen Shakir’s poetry books include Sad-barg (1980), Khud Kalami and Inkar (1990), Kaf e Aina (1994). Maah-e-Tamaam (1994).
Perveen Shakir gave a subtle combination of classical traditions and modern sensitivity to Urdu poetry, also became the first woman to use true feminism in a man dominated Urdu poetry by using word ‘Larki’ in her writings.
Her collection is a reflection of feminine perspective on love, romance, aloofness, separation, and intimacy.
She was popular for her outspoken feminist thoughts and received the country’s highest honor the ‘Pride of Performance’ in 1976.
- Islamabad police produce Shahbaz Gill in court to seek extension in ...09:22 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Today's #currencyexchange rates in #Pakistan - #Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:38 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 19 August 202208:16 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- US Centcom chief meets Genenral Bajwa at GHQ11:56 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly teases husband Ali Ansari in a hilarious video07:59 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- 'Kaisi Teri Khudgarzi' slammed for glorifying abuse, violence10:21 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022