PM Imran appreciates Trump's offer to mediate on Kashmir issue
The understanding came at a meeting between Prime Minister Imran Khan and US President Donald Trump on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York.
Prime Minister Khan appreciated President Trump's continued offers of assistance in mediating the Jammu and Kashmir dispute, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Describing India's draconian lockdown in Occupied Jammu and Kashmir as a dire humanitarian crisis with implications for regional security, the Prime Minister highlighted the importance of immediate lifting of the curfew and other restrictions and resolving the Kashmir dispute for durable peace and stability in South Asia.
Addressing the US president and the reporters, Prime Minister Imran Khan said that Trump heads the most powerful country in the world, adding that "the most powerful country in the world has a responsibility".
The premier said that "I honestly feel that this crisis could become much bigger. We look to the US to put out flames in the world."
On Kashmir and his prior offers of mediation, Trump said: "I think I would be an extremely good arbitrator. I've done it before, believe it or not. And I've never failed as an arbitrator".
The two leaders also reviewed the evolving regional peace and security scenario. They reiterated their shared interest in a peaceful and stable Afghanistan.
Trump and Khan also talked about efforts to combat terrorism and the importance of Indo-Pakistani dialogue to resolve disputes, according to the readout of the meeting.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020