PM Imran appreciates Trump's offer to mediate on Kashmir issue
The understanding came at a meeting between Prime Minister Imran Khan and US President Donald Trump on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York.
Prime Minister Khan appreciated President Trump's continued offers of assistance in mediating the Jammu and Kashmir dispute, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Describing India's draconian lockdown in Occupied Jammu and Kashmir as a dire humanitarian crisis with implications for regional security, the Prime Minister highlighted the importance of immediate lifting of the curfew and other restrictions and resolving the Kashmir dispute for durable peace and stability in South Asia.
Addressing the US president and the reporters, Prime Minister Imran Khan said that Trump heads the most powerful country in the world, adding that "the most powerful country in the world has a responsibility".
The premier said that "I honestly feel that this crisis could become much bigger. We look to the US to put out flames in the world."
On Kashmir and his prior offers of mediation, Trump said: "I think I would be an extremely good arbitrator. I've done it before, believe it or not. And I've never failed as an arbitrator".
The two leaders also reviewed the evolving regional peace and security scenario. They reiterated their shared interest in a peaceful and stable Afghanistan.
Trump and Khan also talked about efforts to combat terrorism and the importance of Indo-Pakistani dialogue to resolve disputes, according to the readout of the meeting.
- PTI govt opens process for privatisation of public entities09:55 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- ATC acquits 40 accused in Youhanabad lynching cases09:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Zameen.com ready to hold Karachi Expo on February 1 and 208:18 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Ufone felicitates KPC’s new leadership08:12 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- 'Anti-state' Facebook posts: Lahore journalist's bail plea rejected07:54 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019