LHC orders Nadra to issue identity card to adopted teen girl
The Lahore High Court on Friday ordered the National Database and Registration Authority (Nadra) to issue a new identity card to an 18-year-old girl by giving a fake name to her unknown father.
Justice Muhammad Shan Gul wrote down a 9-page detailed judgement on Zarmeen Abid’s petition.
Zarmeen, who does not know who is her biological father, moved the LHC against the Nadra decision to block her ID card.
According to Justice Gul, Nadra had committed a violation of the Constitution by blocking the identity card of an adopted girl. He remarked that Nadra without hearing the stance of a hapless girl deprived her of national identity card.
“Without providing the right to defence to an individual, and blocking his/her identity card is tantamount to the negation of his/her identity,” the verdict said.
The ID card blockage means that the freedom of a citizen has been restricted and he has been deprived of the necessities of life.
The court observed that it’s the responsibility of state at the international level to register their citizens in order to thwart the forced sex trade, labour and human trafficking.
- JUI-F lawmaker Maulana Ayubi shares how to make alcohol ‘halal’ ...11:25 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- PCB celebrates Babar Azam’s birthday in style (VIDEO)10:59 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Aqeel, Bilal, Amna win double crowns in Sapphire Open National Tennis10:40 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Cooking oil prices increased by up to Rs110 per litre in utility ...10:22 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Zarnish Khan wants trolls to stop mocking Meera's English09:26 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Momal Sheikh leaves fans awestruck with latest pictures03:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam’s wife Sara Bharwana’s celebrates her birthday in style09:45 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021