World's longest aircraft hits ground during rough landing
The 302ft long aircraft which is part plane and part airship was harmed during the flight from Cardington airfield in Bedfordshire. The craft sustained damage to its cockpit when it hit the ground.
Fortunately the crew remained safe and sound during the rough landing however the staff described the experience as "Horrible".
Detailing the slowest crash, one eyewitness said: 'A line that was hanging down from the plane hit the telegraph pole about two fields away. Then, as it came in to land, it seemed to nose dive and landed on the cockpit, smashing it up.'
In a statement, the manufacturer Hybrid Air Vehicles (HAV), said: "The Airlander experienced a heavy landing and the front of the flight deck has sustained some damage which is currently being assessed."
The aircraft had its first test flight from the airfield on August 17.
- Mohammad Amir set to play for London Spirit in England's Hundred ...11:07 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- China unveils super-speed train prototype that hits 620 kph10:36 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Co-build ecosystem with Haier brand seminar 202109:40 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Aiman Zaman and husband respond to leaked video controversy08:51 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Ex-Corps commander Bilal Akbar appointed Pakistan’s new envoy to ...08:19 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Chinese children's performance on Sohni Dharti winning hearts in ...07:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Reema Khan receives Covid-19 vaccine in US (VIDEO)02:33 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- ‘Mashroob-e-Maghrib’ – Hareem Shah reveals the favourite drink ...03:40 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021