Fakhar Imam appreciates food ministry for timely action to import wheat
ISLAMABAD – Federal Minister for National Food Security and Research Syed Fakhar Imran gave credit to the extraordinary efforts of his ministry those realized timely wheat import in order to ensure relief to public masses in wake of ongoing price hike of wheat flour in the country.
Imran expressed his remarks during his visit the Department of Plant Protection (DPP) to supervise the efforts of his ministry to guarantee hassle free wheat import last week.
The first vessel carrying 60, 804 metric tons of wheat from Ukraine will reach Karachi port on Wednesday afternoon.
During the visit, he was apprised that proactive approach has been opted which resulted in strong coordination between public and private sector institutions both in Pakistan and the countries of wheat export.
Earlier last week, Omar Hamid Khan, the Federal Secretary for the Food Security Ministry had an urgent visit to Karachi to have consultations with all stakeholders involved in wheat import-chain including Karachi Port Trust, wheat importers, Plant Quarantine authorities and Sindh Government.
He assured full support of the government to the private sector to deliver timely wheat supply to mills for curbing high prices of wheat flour.
He reiterated that fact that wheat is staple food and the government would take all necessary measures to keep it in the buying power of common masses.
He further urged all the stakeholders to contribute in this national issue.
The federal secretary insisted on urgent clearance of wheat from Karachi port after mandatory inspections and quick transportation to the whole country.
The first eight vessels carrying around 500,000 metric tons of wheat will reach Karachi port by last week of September 2020.
- Punjab approves Drug Amendment Bill 2020 to counter fake cosmetics ...06:56 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Islamabad police rescue Hungarian diplomats who lost their way in ...06:32 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020