PM Imran calls OBL a ‘martyr’, angering Pakistani opposition
Islamabad: Opposition parties in National Assembly including PML-N and PPP take a dig at Prime Minister Imran Khan after he in his speech in the National Assembly said that slain Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was “martyred”.
PML-N leader Khawaja Asif said that bin Laden was a terrorist and he brought the menace to this region and Imran Khan calls him shaheed.
The prime minister was talking about the ties with the United States when he recalled the Abbotabad incident.
He said, “The Americans came to Abbottabad and killed, martyred Osama bin Laden. What happened after that? Countries across the globe cursed at us and spoke ill of us”.
He said that Pakistan faced humiliation despite supporting the US in its war on terror but in result Islamabad was held responsible for Washington’s failure.
PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari spokesperson Senator Mustafa Nawaz Khokhar also issued a statement in which prime minister has been declared security threat.
"By labelling Osama bin Laden a martyr, Imran Khan has become a national security threat. If he is a martyr, then what is the status of those civilians and members of our armed forces who embraced martyrdom in the attacks by Al Qaeda?
"Thousands of civilians and youth were martyred in attacks by Al Qaeda," Dawn quoted Khokar as saying.
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Idara-e-Taleem-o-Aagahi's meetup stresses promotion of skill-based ...08:40 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020