PTI's Barrister Sultan Mahmood wins Mirpur by-elections
MIRPUR - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) candidate Barrister Sultan Mahmood won the by-election in Azad Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly constituency LA-3 Mirpur on Sunday.
According to unofficial results, Barrister Sultan bagged 17,673 votes while PML-N's Sohaib Saeed obtained 14,813 votes from all the 119 polling stations of the constituency.
The by-polls in LA-3 was ordered after a court de-seated Chaudhry Saeed, a PML-N candidate from the AJK's Mirpur division.
PTI workers gathered outside the party secretariat in the city Sunday evening. They chanted slogans and distributed sweets to celebrate their candidate’s win.
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Ch Fawad asks Britain govt to hand over Altaf Hussain, Nawaz Sharif ...01:25 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020