Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears
The annual two-day Fashion Pakistan Week, which was initially scheduled from December 5 to December 6 in a beautiful tropical garden, has now been postponed to February 2021.
The news was revealed through an Instagram post by Fashion Pakistan, saying that it has been postponed to February 2021 due to safety concerns. “We hope to see you next year, stay home and stay safe,” it read.
View this post on Instagram
Designer Maheen Khan and the new Chairperson of the Fashion Pakistan Council (FPC) also shared a post confirming the news on her Twitter account. “Training new girls for FPW 2021. #NewBeginnings #FashionModel 2021 | can’t wait!” she wrote.
A recent press release stated that the upcoming FPW will be a two-day intimate, exclusive affair aimed at highlighting fashion and design. Showcasing designer collections in a glamourous setting, the FPW will embrace the new digital format utilized globally as a result of the pandemic.
The wide array of designer craftsmanship will be live-streamed along with the show from the venue. Amidst the Covid-19 environment, FPW will follow both the International Fashion Week’s trends and GoP guidelines by prohibiting seating and traditional practices during fashion week.
View this post on Instagram
This year has been a harrowing year for most, but at the same time, it has taught us the importance of community and support and the need for donations.
The Fashion Council of Pakistan is a non-profit organization and understands the importance of donors and their role in creating successful outcomes. Keeping this in mind, the FPW has promised to donate a portion of its proceeds to Special Olympics Pakistan.
Fashion Pakistan Week was Pakistan’s first-ever formal fashion show held back in 2007. It has, to date, remained a premier platform for designers and retailers.
- Trump signs Malala Yousafzai Scholarship act into law02:46 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- #K2Winter2021 – Pakistan congratulates Nepali Sherpas for first ...01:49 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Ice cream tests positive for coronavirus in China01:10 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Whatsapp leaks – Pakistan reaffirms to expose sinister designs of ...12:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan's exports to 10 countries plummet including UAE, KSA12:11 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021