Suicide rate among Indian soldiers in IIOJK doubles in 2020
SRINAGAR – The realization of fighting a war against the population of the Indian occupied Kashmir has landed Indian armed forces in a morale crisis as 38 soldiers commit suicide in the current year.
As per the report of Kashmir Media Service, the flow of committing suicide among the troops shows an upward trend as rate doubles up as in the previous year.
So far 481 Indian troops have committed suicide in the territory since January 2007.
Meanwhile, Tehreek-e-Hurriyat Jammu and Kashmir in a statement issued in Srinagar said, Indian state terrorism continues to take a heavy toll on Kashmiris for the past over seven decades, particularly after the launch of the present phase of robust freedom struggle in the territory in 1989.
On the other hand, posters have appeared at several districts in IIOJK, persuading people not to participate in the so-called upcoming District Development Council elections which are aimed at hoodwinking the world and furthering the occupation of the territory.
- ‘Disappointed yet again,’ says Babar Azam after ECB calls of ...10:17 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Avenfield case – NAB to auction Nawaz Sharif’s properties in ...09:25 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Babar Masih wins Pakistan silver medal at IBSF 6-Red Snooker World Cup08:42 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran meets Pakistan’s T20 World Cup squad tomorrow08:11 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Juhi Chawla shares a throwback clip from her first TV show03:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2021