Pak team fails to participate in 2019 Andorra Int’l Archery C’ship
ISLAMABAD - Pakistani team failed to participate in the 2019 Andorra International Visually Impaired Archery Championship due to non-issuance of visas.
“Pakistan team was unable to get Spanish visas to proceed in the championship which was scheduled to be held at Andorra from September 25 to 30,” Pakistan Blind Archery Federation (PBAF) Secretary Tanveer Ahmed told APP on Wednesday.
He said we would continue our struggle under the coaching of Pioneer of Blind Archery Muhammad Ejaz who is the son of great Abdul Khaliq.
“He had motivated and trained us to compete at the international level. We are very hopeful to represent Pakistan in future endeavours,” he said.
Tanveer said they had applied for visas to the Spanish Embassy, 15 to 20 days prior to the championship. “The Championship organizers had also requested the Spanish Embassy to grant visas to the Pakistani team so that they could participate in the championship,” he said.
A three-member Pakistani team was scheduled to chip in the extravaganza including Tanveer Ahmed, Waleed Aziz and Muhammad Atif. Ijaz and Shahzad Javed would have accompanied the team as coach and manager.
“We had been going through intensive training at Sports Complex, Rawalpindi for the championship," he said.
- PTI govt opens process for privatisation of public entities09:55 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- ATC acquits 40 accused in Youhanabad lynching cases09:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Zameen.com ready to hold Karachi Expo on February 1 and 208:18 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Ufone felicitates KPC’s new leadership08:12 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- 'Anti-state' Facebook posts: Lahore journalist's bail plea rejected07:54 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019