Pakistan allows tax-free import of fruits from Afghanistan
ISLAMABAD – The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has lifted sales tax on the import of fresh fruits from Afghanistan, starting from today (Saturday).
Reports said that FBR has not exempted apples from sales tax while grapes, pomegranates, watermelons and other fruits can be imported without paying sales tax.
The tax collection body has issued directives to relevant customs collectorates in Peshawar and Quetta in this regard.
Earlier, FBR received 20% sales tax on the import of fresh fruits from Afghanistan. The tax exemption will help Afghanistan boost its exports and stabilise its economy, which further stumbled following the Taliban’s takeover.
Pak-Afghan trade to be carried out in rupee, not ... 05:45 PM | 9 Sep, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Federal Minister for Finance Shaukat Tarin said on Thursday that Pakistani currency will be used for ...
- Pakistan nears formal deal with US to allow airspace for operations ...10:57 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Interior Minister skips Pakistan-India match amid TLP protests10:36 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- CTD guns down 9 ‘Daesh’ terrorists in Balochistan’s Mastung10:12 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest number of Covid cases in a year09:42 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:19 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Madam Noor Jehan's family responds to Ali Azmat's remarks04:44 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities set the dance floor ablaze at Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira ...03:32 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video goes viral01:40 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021