Bakhtawar Bhutto terms Dua Zehra’s Nikkah 'coerced and manipulated'
The Dua Zehra case seems to have plunged the entire nation into a debate. Many celebrities and prominent figures have weighed in and shared their viewpoints online.
Now, late Benazir Bhutto's daughter Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari has shared her stance on the entire fiasco and she censured the viral picture of the nikkah of Dua Zehra.
Taking to Twitter, the elder sister of PPP Chairperson Bilawal Bhutto-Zarda said that the nikkah is illegal as Dua is underage. She expressed disgust over people blaming the young girl.
"This is not legal as she is underage (14) so obviously coerced and manipulated. There is zero consent at 14 and it is revolting to see so many people blame a child," she wrote.
This is not legal as she is underage (14) so obviously coerced and manipulated. There is zero consent at 14 and it is revolting to see so many people blame a child. The man should be charged with kidnapping & the maulvi should be arrested for signing off on child marriage. https://t.co/Vn8bVsVrPt— Bakhtawar B-Zardari (@BakhtawarBZ) April 25, 2022
"The man should be charged with kidnapping & the maulvi should be arrested for signing off on child marriage," she wrote.
As for the case, Dua claimed that she had married of her own free will in a court. The teenager further stated that she left Karachi at her will and was not kidnapped, adding that she wishes to live with her husband and does not want to return to her family.
The police confirmed that the teenager and her reported husband Zaheer Ahmed are currently at the District Police Office (DPO) in Okara. According to reports, Dua is being shifted to Lahore and the Karachi police have been informed about the development.
Missing Karachi girl Dua Zehra makes stunning ... 12:05 PM | 26 Apr, 2022
LAHORE – Dua Zehra, who recently found from a city of Punjab province ten days after mysteriously missing from ...
- Nawal Saeed melts hearts with new sizzling photos in saree11:10 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Michael Weisz’s YieldStreet faces litigation of over £100 million10:48 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Asad Zaman makes into Punjab Junior Tennis quarterfinals10:20 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- DG ISPR, Information minister review Pakistan's diamond jubilee ...09:54 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- In telephone call with Blinken, FM Bilawal reiterates commitment for ...09:29 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022