Afghanistan could join $57b CPEC, says Chinese FM
Optimistic of the economic corridor benefitting the entire region, Mr Yi said the CPEC would significantly boost regional development.
Pakistan-China-Afghanistan agree to promote ... 08:59 AM | 26 Dec, 2017
BEIJING - The first of its kind Afghanistan-China-Pakistan trilateral talks at foreign ministers level concluded in ...
On the invitation of Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi, a delegation from Pakistan and Afghanistan reached Beijing to attend the moot. Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif and Acting Foreign Minister of Afghanistan Salahuddin Rabbani headed the respective delegations.
According to a joint press release, “The three foreign ministers agreed to jointly work together on political mutual trust and reconciliation, development cooperation and connectivity, security cooperation and counter-terrorism as three topics of the trilateral cooperation”.
“So China and Pakistan are willing to look at with Afghanistan, on the basis of win-win, mutually beneficial principles, using an appropriate means to extend the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor to Afghanistan,” he added.
Relations between Afghanistan and Pakistan have been strained since the US invaded the South Asian country with China trying to promote talks between the parties. In recent years, the task has been even more complicated as Afghanistan accused Pakistan of supporting Taliban insurgents fighting the US-backed government in Kabul to restrict India's influence in the country. Pakistan has denied the allegations.
Afghanistan says no to CPEC unless Pakistan ... 08:00 PM | 25 Oct, 2017
NEW DELHI - President Ashraf Ghani has said that his country will a part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) ...
It is important for Afghanistan to join the inter-connectivity initiatives as it is a vital necessity to improve its people’s lives, according to Wang Yi, who said Pakistan and Afghanistan have agreed to mend their uneasy relations.
Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif said, “The successful implementation of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) projects will serve as a model for enhancing connectivity and cooperation through similar projects with neighboring countries, including Afghanistan, Iran and with Central and West Asia.”
India fumes as Bangladesh backs China's Belt and ... 08:11 PM | 7 Oct, 2017
NEW DELHI - Bangladesh has supported China's One-Belt-One-Road (OBOR) initiative, a day after the Trump administration ...
The Indian authorities are reportedly wary of the project due to its long-time row with Pakistan over Kashmir. New Delhi sees Pakistan-administered Kashmir as its own territory. However, the plan (Belt and Road) has nothing to do with territorial disputes, according to Wang.
- Afghan Taliban capable to combat Daesh in Afghanistan: Qureshi11:34 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran to answer public's questions via phone today09:58 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:42 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- COVID-19: Pakistan reports over 5,000 daily cases for first time ...09:15 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Twitter rejoices as Pakistani man's 'wallet return' mission ends ...09:45 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Indian actor Nandita Dutta arrested for running 'porn racket'09:21 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- TikToker bags Guinness World Record for largest mouth gape03:39 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021