Fake surgical strikes: DG ISPR says "wait and watch" how Pakistan will respond to Indian violation of LoC
RAWALPINDI – Hours after India claimed to have launched air strikes against alleged militants in Pakistani territory, in a major escalation of tensions between the two South Asian countries, the spokesman for Pakistan Armed Forces rejected the Indian lies.
Addressing a press conference at the General Headquarters (GHQ), Director General of Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) Major General Asif Ghafoor exposed the Indian claim of its fighter jets flying inside Pakistani airspace for 21 minutes.
"Dare coming into Pakistan and try flying your aircraft for 21 minutes [and we will show you the response]," the military spokesman said.
DG ISPR Press Conference - 26 February 2019https://t.co/jjBxIotv18— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) February 26, 2019
New Delhi said strikes targeted a Balakot training camp of the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) group, the militant group blamed to have carried out a suicide attack in Indian-controlled Kashmir that killed 40 members of a paramilitary police force on Feb. 14. India’s foreign secretary said “a very large number of JEM terrorists” had been eliminated in what was the first Indian air strike on Pakistani territory since 1971.
The villagers, however, said only one person was wounded in the attack and they knew of no fatalities.
Pakistan although confirmed the strikes but said hit an empty area. The top civilian and military leadership, in a National Security Committee (NSC), has vowed to respond at the place and time of its choosing.
Relations between the nuclear-armed neighbours have been strained since a suicide attack earlier this month that killed more than 40 Indian troops.
This is a developing story and will be updated soon.
- Huawei allowed to play limited role in building UK's 5G network10:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019