President Mamnoon, PM Nawaz ask nation to celebrate Eid with simplicity owing to recent tragedies
In his message, the President highlighted that Islamic teachings regarding Eid have assumed greater significance in the context of prevailing challenges due to the modern life.
"These teachings lead us to promote peace, harmony and affection not only in our motherland, but also in the entire world," he added.
The Prime Minister, in his message, calls for unity to foil nefarious designs miscreants who want destablise the country for their vested interests.
According to Radio Pakistan, expressing great sorrow over the tragic terrorist incidents of Parachinar, Quetta and Karachi, he said the entire nation is covered with a pall of gloom.
The Prime Minister asked Ulema to discourage criminal anti-state elements in the Eid sermon, besides educating the people about the real message of Islam based on peace and affection.
Nawaz Sharif said, on this auspicious occasion, we should also remember helpless people of India-occupied Kashmir, whose hearts beat together with the Pakistani nation.
- Looking to upgrade your device on a budget? TECNO’s Spark 7 series ...05:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- 'Nothing to worry about,' FM Qureshi on not getting a call from US ...04:52 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Satellite imagery, financial data reveal construction of secret ...03:39 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Barbie debuts dolls in honour of real-life pandemic heroes02:50 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Maya Ali’s new dance video takes internet by storm02:32 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021