Caretaker PM Nasirul Mulk seeks early development of Gwadar port
He was chairing a meeting of the ministry of maritime affairs in Islamabad on Tuesday.
The secretary maritime affairs made a detailed presentation about the working of the ministry and its attached departments.
Giving an overview of the performance of Karachi Port Trust, it was informed that the KPT has earned a profit of Rs 4341 million during 2017-18. Similarly, Port Qasim also recorded an earning of Rs 4442 million for 2016-17 and Rs 5870 million during the current fiscal year.
Briefing the prime minister on the development of strategically located Gwadar port and Gwadar free zone area, the secretary highlighted various incentives that have been offered for the development of the port.
The secretary also flagged some issues related to power and availability of clean drinking water which were hampering the speedy development of Gwadar.
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Why is Turkey offering to protect Kabul airport after US troop ...11:35 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows foreign tourists after 17-month Covid lockdown11:07 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Asim Azhar performs soulful rendition of Janam Fida-e-Haideri06:30 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021