'From terrorism to tourism' – First PIA flight lands at Swat Airport after 17 years (VIDEO)
ISLAMABAD – The national flag carrier first flight PK-640 landed at Swat’s Saidu Sharif airport on Friday.
The resumption of flights operation to Swat, after being suspended for 17 years, is another achievement for the country as earlier it had halted flight operations in 2004 when terrorism had seeped its way into the region.
The first flight departed from the Islamabad International Airport. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Chief Minister Mahmood Khan and Postal Services Minister Murad Saeed were among the 47 passengers who travelled in the historic flight.
Mahmood Khan along with other federal ministers mark the resumption of flights operation with a cake-cutting ceremony.
Established in 1978, the airport used to handle two flights a day from Islamabad and Peshawar.
- US Consul General Lahore highlights English as a way to build ...07:16 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- ‘Time to avenge’: PCB chief’s statement echoes Pakistan’s ...06:20 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- First Lady Bushra Bibi's daughter ties the knot in Madinah, couple's ...03:27 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Abrar-ul-Haq and Saba Qamar win hearts with hilarious version of ...12:35 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021