'From terrorism to tourism' – First PIA flight lands at Swat Airport after 17 years (VIDEO)
ISLAMABAD – The national flag carrier first flight PK-640 landed at Swat’s Saidu Sharif airport on Friday.
The resumption of flights operation to Swat, after being suspended for 17 years, is another achievement for the country as earlier it had halted flight operations in 2004 when terrorism had seeped its way into the region.
The first flight departed from the Islamabad International Airport. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Chief Minister Mahmood Khan and Postal Services Minister Murad Saeed were among the 47 passengers who travelled in the historic flight.
Mahmood Khan along with other federal ministers mark the resumption of flights operation with a cake-cutting ceremony.
Established in 1978, the airport used to handle two flights a day from Islamabad and Peshawar.
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021