PM Imran says he is proud of efforts for clean & green Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that he is proud of efforts for a clean and green Pakistan to fight pollution and climate change.
In a tweet, he also shared a video clip highlighting Pakistan's marvels in crossing a crucial milestone by achieving an overarching Sustainable Development Goal-13 'Climate Action' much before the deadline of 2030.
Proud of our efforts for a clean and green Pakistan to fight pollution and climate change. pic.twitter.com/KV82wsTkTW— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) July 25, 2020
The United Nations (UN) report on annual Sustainable Development was launched recently.
The Prime Minister also tagged 1.03 minutes news report highlighting how the country is successfully fighting back the climatic changes, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The report has appreciated Pakistan for valuing the future of the whole planet and making huge efforts to secure the climate.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf government had launched number of mega projects including 10 Billion Tree Tsunami Programme, Clean Green Pakistan Initiative, Clean Green Pakistan Index and Protected Areas Initiative to counter climate change issues.
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020