Raza Hasan banned for two years
The 22-year-old left-armer returned an "adverse analytical finding" from a urine sample taken during a domestic tournament in January, the Pakistan Cricket Board said in a statement on Tuesday.
The board declined to name the substance.
Raza, who has played one one-day international and 10 Twenty20 matches for Pakistan, was notified on March 24 and subsequently failed to send a written request for a hearing within 14 days, the PCB said.
"Therefore in accordance with the Anti-Doping Rules and with the approval of the competent authority, Mr Raza Hasan is being imposed with a ban that will make him ineligible to participate in the sport of cricket for a period of two years," the board said.
Raza made his ODI debut against Australia in Dubai in October and played his last international match in a T20 against New Zealand in the Gulf city in December.
- Shaukat Tarin presents Federal Finance Bill 2021-22 in Pakistan’s ...06:53 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Govt employees reject 10% increase in salaries, ...06:03 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Pakistan unveils budget for defence, interior ...05:46 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Maya Ali all set to launch her clothing line02:27 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021