Rs 121 billion allocated for Benazir Income Support Program in Budget 2017-18
ISLAMABAD - The federal government has proposed an allocation of Rs 121 billion for Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) during the next fiscal year 2017-18.
The allocation has been enhanced From Rs 115 billion allocated in FY 2016-2017 where Rs. 97 billion were contributed by Government of Pakistan while the development partners including World Bank, DFID and ADB contributed an estimated Rs. 18 billion.
A total of 6.8 million people would benefit from the program. Back in 2013, when PML-N assumed office about 3.7 million people took advantage of the program.
'A total of 300 percent increase has been recorded during the last four years' claimed Ishaq Dar.
Finance Minister Ishaq Dar unveils Rs 4.778 ... 04:59 PM | 26 May, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Finance Minister Ishaq Dar Friday unveiled the fifth consecutive Rs4,778 billion budget of Pakistan Muslim ...
The successive budget allocation for the program is as under:
Year Allocation (in Billions)
During the budget speech on Friday, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar said that the program was an effort to provide relief to the poor and weak segments of the society.
Under the Benazir income support program, poverty stricken families are provided a stipend on a monthly basis so as to help them cope up with the financial challenges.
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020