Nearly 200 PIMS employees test positive for COVID-19
ISLAMABAD – As many as 181 staff members of Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS), the largest government hospital in the federal capital, have contracted coronavirus, it emerged on Thursday.
All of the infected hospital officials, which include doctors, nurses, paramedics and other medical professionals, are currently in quarantine, PIMS Joint Executive Director Dr Minhaj told a private media channel.
He added the hospital was facing a shortage of task force due to so many of its professionals testing positive.
A final decision regarding the OPD closure will, however, be taken by the National Command and Operation Centre.
“Many hospitals had shut down OPDs during the first wave of the novel coronavirus in order to minimise the spread by preventing people from gathering at the hospital together,” Dr Minhaj added.
- 23 die in Norway after receiving first dose of Pfizer vaccine01:05 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Divine gesture – New Zealand captain pauses match to check out ...12:30 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Smart Office – Pakistan to launch WhatsApp-like app by June11:46 AM | 16 Jan, 2021
- UK refuses to deport Nawaz as arrest warrants have no ‘legal ...11:19 AM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Coronavirus: Pakistan reports 2,432 new cases, 45 deaths10:28 AM | 16 Jan, 2021
- What is the relationship between PM Imran Khan's wife Bushra Bibi and ...05:27 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Tahmina Javed enters Pakistan's drama industry07:30 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Mathira reveals about her relationship with ex-husband06:17 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021