People should celebrate birth of girl in same way as birth of boy: Sania Mirza
“I have always been for equality. This concern is not confined to one country, state or race. The fact that even today, players like Serena Williams have to justify equal pay, shows that we don’t live in an equal world. I would love to see people celebrate in the same way when a girl is born, much like when a boy is born. That’s how we become an equal world,” shared the expecting lady.
Explaining the concept of equality, she added, “Being equal does not mean doing the same things as a man. This is not a competition and such things do not determine if men are better than women or otherwise. It’s about having equal opportunities and respect in life.”
Sania is of the firm concept that the realization that women are equal to men should first begin with women only. “It is very difficult to get rid of something that has been a part of [people’s mindset] from probably the very beginning [of life].
Equality, for me, is that a woman, you have to believe that you are no less than anyone. There are women in this world who don’t believe that they are equal [to men]. There are even many who believe that they deserve to get beaten up by their husbands. And they probably don’t say anything because they don’t have the courage to fight back.”
“If women believe that they are equal, that will only make for a better world,” said Sania, who is also the UN Women Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia.
We wish a blessed life ahead to Mr & Mrs. Shoaib Malik.
- Biden approves $976m for Afghan refugees in US06:00 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- CricWick, Daraz partners to provide In-App Fantasy League for T20 ...04:07 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer’s father withdraws petition against ...04:00 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities set the dance floor ablaze at Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira ...03:32 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video goes viral01:40 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021