Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to provide US$200m for Pakistan's ‘Ehsas Program’
The meeting in New York was attended by Prime Minister Imran Khan, Chairperson ‘Ehsas Program’ Dr Sania Nishtar and Bill Gates, where a Memorandum of understanding was signed by both parties.
According to the agreement, the amount will be spent on 134 poverty alleviation projects.
Speaking on the occasion, the Prime Minister said that ‘Ehsas Program’ is a big project in the history of Pakistan which will turn the country into a welfare state. He said the poverty alleviation is on the top priority of his government from day one, the Radio Pakistan reported.
He said this program will help to achieve the sustainable development goals set under the United Nations. He also expressed his commitment to complete elimination of polio from the country.
- Islamabad court declares Nawaz Sharif a 'fugitive'02:41 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Realme “RACE” coming up with powerful, fast speed Qualcomm ...02:03 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- What happened in the night when the young man married a 20-year-old ...12:46 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Eighth Pakistani player tests positive for coronavirus, confirms PCB11:33 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020