Celebrities speak out against the brutal treatment of Muslims in Delhi
Celebrities are raising their voices against the communal violence in Delhi.
Delhi has been lurched with violent protests for months now in the wake of the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA).
Mobs wielding iron rods, bricks and bamboo sticks and attacked the homes of Muslims amid chants of “Jai Shri Ram.” After forcing inside the homes, they went on a rampage and started beating people and breaking household items.
The death toll in ongoing protests escalated to 18, with more than 200 people injured in the clashes.
With #DelhiBurning and #DelhiViolence trending on Twitter since Monday, many celebs took to Twitter to speak out against the brutality and ruthlessness.
Horrifying!— manshapasha (@manshapasha) February 25, 2020
So terrifying to see what is happening in India
Prayers for all minorities and all ppl in India fighting and protesting against these bigots https://t.co/4OGyTRiMFo
With more than 200mil muslims living under your flag how can the govt let this happen. Kudos to ones standing up & protecting their own despite having an extremist as their PM. Its time to raise voice for this unjust in India aswell. https://t.co/Fcg9S9MDxT— Hareem Farooq (@FarooqHareem) February 25, 2020
Horrendous. Praying very hard . https://t.co/Y1b22dmnr6— Sonam K Ahuja (@sonamakapoor) February 25, 2020
I HAVE NO WORDS! #DelhiRiots— Swara Bhasker (@ReallySwara) February 25, 2020
the level of violence is being increased in Delhi . All the Kapil Mishras are being unleashed . An atmosphere is being created to convince an average Delhiite that it is all because of the anti CAA protest and in a few days the Delhi Police will go for “ the final solution “— Javed Akhtar (@Javedakhtarjadu) February 25, 2020
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Pakistan surpasses 221,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,551 confirmed ...09:56 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Apple parts ways with Intel09:45 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Lightning strike leaves at least 26 dead in India09:13 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan takes up suspension of PIA flights to EASA08:34 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS satisfied over LEA’s coherent response for peace in Karachi12:05 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat writes a heartwarming birthday wish for filmmaker Uzma ...12:57 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020