‘Pakistan to give befitting response to any military aggression’, PM Imran says on 3rd anniversary of Operation Swift Retort
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan reiterated the resolve and unwavering commitment to the security of the country and nation, saying Pakistan Army would respond to any military aggression in a befitting manner.
Taking it to Twitter, the premier said that he always believed in the resolution of conflict through dialogue and diplomacy, but it should not be taken as a sign of weakness.
I have always believed in conflict resolution through dialogue & diplomacy. That should never be taken as a sign of weakness. As we showed India on 27Feb2019, when it chose to attack us, our armed forces backed by the nation will respond to mly aggression & prevail at all levels.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) February 27, 2022
The tweet added, "As we showed India on 27 Feb 2019 when it chose to attack us, our armed forces backed by the nation will respond to military aggression and prevail at all levels".
Khan made the statement as the country marked the third anniversary of Operation Swift Retort which resulted in the capture of Indian pilot Abhinandan and the destruction of two Indian jets.
Two Pakistan Air Force jets targeted two Indian aging jets in a dogfight and shot them down along the Line of Control (LoC). The retaliatory act comes after Islamabad warned India of a surprise in wake of Indian military aircraft's intrusion into Pakistani airspace.
Pakistanis troll Indians on Surprise Day with ... 11:44 AM | 27 Feb, 2022
ISLAMABAD – It has been three years since Pakistan shot down two Indian jets violating its airspace however the ...
The air skirmish came a day after the Modi-led Hindu nationalist government claimed its aircraft had launched an airstrike on a militant group inside Pakistan – a claim which was debunked by Pakistan.
Pakistan celebrates 3rd anniversary of Operation ... 10:45 AM | 27 Feb, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan is celebrating the third anniversary of Operation Swift Retort to pay homage to the valiant ...
- Pakistan expresses solidarity with Saudi Arabia over suicide bomb ...04:27 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Modern Day Education Providers: STEP Schools - A PGC Project03:56 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PLTA Independence Day Punjab Junior Tennis Championship finals today03:40 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Iraqi actress to sue fat-shaming British newspaper03:21 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Independence Day - Pakistan announces prestigious civil award for ...02:45 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- ‘Vampire jelly mask’ – Hira Mani reveals secret of her glowing ...12:11 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Late Pakistani pop icon Nazia Hassan to be featured on New York's ...09:47 AM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir's latest video breaks the internet07:50 PM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022