Rangers reveal three major countries where funds for Karachi target killers originate
While briefing the Senate Standing Committee on Human Rights, Rangers authorities said that at least 7950 operations had been conducted across the metropolis since September 2013. As a result of these operations, around 6361 suspects were handed over to police and 221 were handed over to FIA and other law enforcement agencies, Rangers said.
The Rangers authorities further said that there was an 80% decline in terror-related incidents in Karachi, a 75% decline in target killings, an 85% reduction in extortion and an 83% reduction in incidents of kidnapping.
They added that more than 1150 suspects were released without registration of the First Information Report (F.I.R), while 1313 suspects were released on bail and 188 were convicted in various cases.
A total of 1236 alleged terrorists, 848 target killers, 403 extortionists and 143 kidnappers were among those arrested during these raids.
About 1313 operations were conducted against the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), 1035 against Peoples Aman Committee and 28 operations were carried out against the Awami National Party (ANP), Ranger added.
According to statistics compiled by the provincial police, 390 people have died in targeted killings this year so far, of whom 18 were police personnel.
- ‘Video’ of PSL 2022 anthem featuring Atif Aslam, Aima Baig leaked ...09:10 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan win toss, opt to bat first against Afghanistan08:46 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer declared ‘physically and mentally ...08:20 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021