UAE will not host any cricket league when Pakistan is playing
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) Wednesday reached a new agreement on the staging of major events in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) following the former’s concern over date clashes for its matches in its adopted home.
The two boards have now reached an agreement under which the ECB will host a T20 and T10 League from December 10 to January 10 when there are no PCB fixtures in the UAE. The ECB has also committed to not hosting any league during the time when PCB events are being played in the UAE.
Sharjah Cricket Stadium enters Guinness World ... 10:08 PM | 23 Oct, 2017
SHARJAH - The Sharjah Cricket Stadium has achieved a unique world record for hosting the maximum One-Day international ...
The ECB has also committed to a “significant reduction” of the costs to PCB of holding these tournaments with immediate effect. The ESPNcricinfo website reports the PCB is also said to have demanded that there should be a significant calendar gap between the ECB’s T20 league and the PSL to avoid impacting commercial rights.
The ECB, governing body for the sport in the UAE, this month revealed plans for a new Twenty20 league that it claims will be the most innovative and inclusive in the world. The ECB said it has been granted a 10-year sanctioning agreement for the venture by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
2017 - An unforgettable year for Pakistan cricket 07:25 PM | 29 Dec, 2017
LAHORE - A remarkable year in which Pakistan Cricket team secured a list of successes, paving way to the return of ...
The UAE-owned tournament, the name of which is yet to be decided, will make its debut in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah with five new franchise teams vying for the inaugural title in a 22-match format to be played over 24 days this December and January.
The ECB claimed the league has already received the support of six ICC full member nations - England, Ireland, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, New Zealand and the West Indies. The PCB and Pakistan were notably absent from this list.
- FM Qureshi discusses Islamophobia, Kashmir situation with OIC ...03:08 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Meet Pakistan's first transgender lawyer02:20 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran to nominate Gilgit Baltistan CM today01:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Indian Navy's MiG-29K crashes into Arabian Sea, pilot missing12:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Three killed as fire rages at factory in Karachi’s Orangi12:17 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- No, Ataullah Esakhailvi is not dead!11:59 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Urwa Hocane's father responds to 'separation' with Farhan Saeed07:25 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020