LHC seeks PM's explanation on empowering Ishaq Dar to issue supplementary budget
Justice Atir Mehmood heard a petition filed by Mehmood Akhtar Naqvi against delegation of powers to the minister.The petitioner took the plea that Supreme Court (SC) had already declared null and void the move for delegating powers of federal cabinet to an individual. Federal cabinet delegated powers in connection with Rs 100 million supplementary budget to FM Ishaq Dar. He has also been given powers to appoint heads of government institutions. Delegating the powers of the federal cabinet to a minister is
The petitioner argued that Supreme Court (SC) had already declared null and void the move for delegating powers of federal cabinet to an individual.
The minister has also been given powers to appoint heads of government institutions, he said, adding that delegation of the powers possessed by the federal cabinet to a single minister is violation of Supreme Court (SC) orders.
The petitioner pleaded the court to declare the step null and void.
The court while admitting the petition for hearing issued notices to PM and Ministry of Finance.
The court has directed finance ministry to file the reply directly to it till April 17, besides seeking explanation from the prime minister through his principal secretary.
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Indian numerologist comes up with a ‘cure’ for coronavirus09:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 202105:43 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021