New Zealand finds no Russian operatives to expel amid spy poisoning row
In order to express solidary with Britain over a nerve agent attack on a former spy, Sergei Skripal and his daughter in Salisbury, the United States, Canada and 16 European countries announced the expulsion of over 100 Russian diplomats on Monday.
US expels 60 Russian diplomats over spy poisoning ... 07:47 PM | 26 Mar, 2018
WASHINGTON – United States President Donald Trump on Monday ordered the expulsion of 60 Russian diplomats in a show ...
Jacinda Ardern told state radio, "While other countries have announced they are expelling undeclared Russian intelligence agents, officials have advised there are no individuals here in New Zealand who fit this profile. If there were, we would have already taken action”.
When there’s a range of international interests ... does it surprise me New Zealand is not top of their list? No, actually.”
Ardern said New Zealand “will keep under review what further actions it can take to support the international community over the Salisbury attack.”
Russia has consistently denied any involvement in the attack on the Skripals and demanded access to the UK’s investigation. The Kremlin expelled 23 UK diplomats on March 17 in a tit-for-tat response to London. On March 25, the Russian embassy in Washington issued a statement calling for calm.
- India’s first PM Jawaharlal Nehru’s statue vandalised by Hindutva ...11:02 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Leaked phone call allegedly between Malik Riaz and Asif Zardari goes ...10:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- PropTech: the inevitable digitization of real estate in Pakistan10:28 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan gets clean chit in drugs case07:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Ghana Ali expresses her resentment towards Maryam Nawaz09:12 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Hareem Farooq celebrates birthday in style06:22 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022