Mosques in country will not be closed, says Dr Noor-ul-Haq Qadri
ISLAMABAD - Minister for Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony Dr Noor-ul-Haq Qadri has said that mosques in the country would not be closed, however, the worshippers would have to keep their number at minimum level in congregation prayers as a precautionary measure against Coronavirus epidemic.
Briefing the media after a video conference of Ulema chaired by President Dr Arif Alvi at Aiwan-e-Sadr in Islamabad, he said it was agreed in the meeting that children and faithful of over 50 years age, besides the sick ones, should be barred from offering daily and Friday prayers in the mosques.
He said various religious decrees have already been issued for halting large gatherings in the mosques as Islam stresses on protecting the lives of the worshippers.
The Minister said the Ulema authorized President Dr Arif Alvi to take precautionary measures and necessary decisions to contain the spread of coronavirus.
The meeting urged the Ulema to inform people about the negative impacts of the spread of coronavirus, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Regarding the Hajj arrangements this year, the Minister said the Saudi Arabian government has asked Pakistan not to ink final agreements regarding transport, catering with the concerned companies till the situation regarding coronavirus is cleared.
Noor-ul-Haq Qadri said Ulema have assured their cooperation to government in its efforts to curtail the spread of Coronavirus.
- Synergyzer On Bringing Pakistan’s Advertising, Marketing & Media ...04:58 AM | 8 May, 2021
- ‘No hugs and kisses this eid,’ Firdous Ashiq Awan to public amid ...11:03 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Infinix tipped to launch Note 10 Pro with MediaTek Helio G9510:48 PM | 7 May, 2021
- KPK launches mobile vaccination drive for elderly citizens10:32 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Sania Mirza surprises everyone on show Jeeto Pakistan League (VIDEO)06:46 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Ali Rehman Khan celebrates 33rd birthday in style04:19 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Prince William, Duchess Kate launch their own YouTube channel02:16 PM | 7 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021
- Tips to follow when walking for weight loss08:11 PM | 29 Apr, 2021