NAB files fresh reference against Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, arrest warrants issued
Karachi: An accountability court on Friday issued non-bailable arrest warrants for former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and another official in a case related to illegal appointments in the PSO.
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has filed a fresh reference against the PML-N stalwart, accusing him of appointing the ex-MD PSO Imran ul Han and a deputy director in violation of rules.
The court has also summoned also summoned former MD and deputy director on April 10.
Earlier in February, the Executive Board (EB) of the NAB had approved the reference against Abbasi over illegal appointments that caused a loss of Rs138.86 million.
Abbasi was recently released on bail in a corruption reference related to award of a LNG import contract at exorbitant prices in 2015.
- 'Imported govt' trying to spread fear throught arrests, Imran tells ...11:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- In a first, Pakistan adopts fastest growing sport Futsal11:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz renews his offer of a charter of economy11:01 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- #PehchaanKaRung a soul stirring DVC Starring renowned thespian ...10:42 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- At least three killed, five injured in North Waziristan IED blast10:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer reveals Kubra Khan is recovering from surgery08:30 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hareem Shah hints at breakup in latest video09:29 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Muneeb Butt finally comments on sister-in-law Minal Khan's Instagram ...09:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022