NAB files fresh reference against Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, arrest warrants issued
Karachi: An accountability court on Friday issued non-bailable arrest warrants for former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and another official in a case related to illegal appointments in the PSO.
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has filed a fresh reference against the PML-N stalwart, accusing him of appointing the ex-MD PSO Imran ul Han and a deputy director in violation of rules.
The court has also summoned also summoned former MD and deputy director on April 10.
Earlier in February, the Executive Board (EB) of the NAB had approved the reference against Abbasi over illegal appointments that caused a loss of Rs138.86 million.
Abbasi was recently released on bail in a corruption reference related to award of a LNG import contract at exorbitant prices in 2015.
- Indian siege of Occupied Kashmir completes 300 days06:10 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Ex-SC judge to hear Umar Akmal’s appeal against PCB ban05:59 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 70,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,519 confirmed ...05:46 PM | 31 May, 2020
- E-Exhibition in the time of COVID-1905:33 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Al Aqsa mosque reopens after two months of closure over coronavirus05:12 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020