Ajoka Theater's famous play “Dara" crowned with prestigious British Eastern Eye award
Earlier this month, Dara was selected as a finalist for the Eastern Eye Award, where it impressed the Judges panel who later chose it as best play.
Dara showed 36 times at the Lyttelton Theatre in London from January 20 until 4th April 2015. British media wrote rave reviews about the theme and story of play and the Telegraph called it as the best play of the decade.
The play is set in the sixteenth-century and highlights the historical conflict between two Mughal Princes Dara Shikoh and Aurangzeb Alamgir. Dara was a spoilt crown prince with little battlefield experience, whereas his brother Aurangzeb, who eventually took over the throne and killed his brother, was more suited to the throne.
- Pakistanis above 30 asked to get vaccinated as soon as possible11:29 PM | 16 May, 2021
- India reports 4,077 new Covid deaths as UP police try to keep sacred ...10:47 PM | 16 May, 2021
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- PIA plane carrying 1 million doses of Sinovac vaccine lands in ...08:49 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Biden phones Netanyahu, Abbas as death toll in Israeli airstrikes on ...07:54 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021