Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf and Rizwan rise in ICC T20 rankings
DUBAI – Pakistan’s Shaheen Shah Afridi, Haris Rauf, and Mohammad Rizwan have emerged as one of the big movers in the T20I rankings after their impressive performances in World Cup matches against India and New Zealand.
Afridi (596), whose opening spell against India stands among this tournament's most iconic moments so far, moved up 11 spots and is now knocking on the door of the top 10 at 12th spot, said ICC in an official statement.
Rauf (563), Player of the Match in Pakistan’s win over New Zealand, was the biggest mover in the top 20, surging 34 spots to 17th, one ahead of Hazlewood (557), who himself improved his ranking by 16 spots.
Rizwan, who was at 7th spot in batters’ list before the start of the World Cup, has moved up three places to 4th position, behind Dawid Malan, Babar Azam and Aiden Markram. Rizwan had scored 79 against India and 33 against New Zealand in T20 World Cup matches.
England’s Dawid Malan (831) remains top batsman but Pakistan’s Babar Azam (820) has cut the gap down to just 11 points after his strong start to the tournament.
Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan achieve another ... 04:10 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
KARACHI – Pakistan’s openers Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan continued a rich vein of form in limited-overs ...
- Former IHC judge Shaukat Siddiqui allowed to practice law06:34 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- UAE allows alcohol sale to people above 21, eases restrictions on ...06:12 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- ICC calls off Women's Cricket World Cup Qualifier after new Covid ...05:25 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Junaid Safdar and Ayesha Saif's valima invite leaked online05:47 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021