UN General Assembly: PM Nawaz to address in English despite Supreme Court order
During a press briefing on Saturday evening, Foreign Secretary Aizaz Chaudhry hinted that PM Nawaz would deliver the speech in English language while responding to a question.
On the occasion Chaudhry once again dismissed any chance of meeting between Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi.
It is also pertinent to be mentioned here that Nawaz Sharif may once again face the charges of contempt of court for making his speech in English language instead of Urdu.
The premier will be addressing the 70th session of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York on 30th September.
In his speech the prime minister will highlight the sacrifices made by Pakistan in the fight against terrorism, Kashmir issue, Indian interference in Pakistan and other issues of Middle East. He will urge the world leaders to press Indian government to restore composite dialogue with Pakistan.
Prior to the address Nawaz Sharif will attend global leaders meeting on gender equality and women empowerment organized by China and UN women. He is also scheduled to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping on September 28.
The prime minister will chair a peace summit co-hosted by Pakistan, United States and the UN Secretary General. The summit will be followed by two separate receptions hosted by the UN Secretary General and the US President in honour of heads of states.
Earlier on Saturday PM Nawaz Sharif met Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and World IT leader Bill Gates on the sidelines of General Assembly session.
The premier also addressed the plenary meeting of General Assembly for adoption of the post-2015 Development Agenda.
Pakistan’s first lady Kalsoom Nawaz, National Security Adviser to Prime Minister Sartaj Aziz and Minister of State for Information Technology Anusha Rehman are also accompanying the Prime Minister.
- ‘Loneliest elephant' Kaavan leave Pakistan for Cambodia today05:42 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Gilgit Baltistan Assembly to elect leader of the House on Monday05:10 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan reports 43 new deaths, 2829 fresh cases of COVID-1904:49 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Covid-19 in Pakistan: These five cities contributing 70% of total ...04:18 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan to introduce legislation to safeguard old-age parents03:54 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020