World Tourism Day being marked today
LAHORE - World Tourism Day is being observed across the world today (Sunday), under the theme of this year for the day is "Tourism and Rural Development.
In his messages on the World Tourism Day, President Dr Arif Alvi said that promotion of tourist activities in rural areas can help increase the volume of national economy and put the country on the road to development and prosperity.
The President said this sector is not just a leading source of employment, particularly for different segments of rural society, but also provides opportunities for regional integration and socio-economic inclusion for the most remote areas.
The President said for a country like Pakistan where majority of the population is still living in rural areas, tourism could have a significant contribution in socio-economic development.
He said it is a matter of great satisfaction that the federal and provincial governments are taking collective measures for development of tourist sites and promotion of tourism.
- Netflix’s ‘Selena: The Series’ – much awaited trailer is as ...01:38 PM | 28 Oct, 2020
- Court grants exemption to Asif Zardari from appearance in Park Lane ...01:24 PM | 28 Oct, 2020
- Second COVID-19 wave: NCOC plans strict measures for 11 major cities ...12:40 PM | 28 Oct, 2020
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton are engaged12:40 PM | 28 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran arrives in Lahore for a day-long visit today09:21 AM | 28 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020