'Jurassic Park' actor sentenced to 6 years for sexual assault of minor
LOS ANGELES (Web Desk) - An actor who appeared in Jurassic Park has been sentenced to six years in prison for sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl.
Cameron Thor, 56, who had roles in Jurassic Park, A Few Good Men, Hook and Curly Sue, is also a well-known acting coach and was convicted in August of committing a lewd act on a child - then one of his students - seven years ago.
He was also ordered to register as a sex offender, the UPI reported on Wednesday.
The victim, then 13, was receiving acting classes at Thor's home in March 2009.
At one point he drove her to the nearby Santa Monica Mountains and assaulted her, prosecutor Simone Shay said. But Thor was not arrested until 2014.
The judge scolded Thor for having "taken advantage" of his victim's vulnerability and displayed "great preparation" in the incident.
Carter Thor Studio, the acting school run by Thor and his wife, had built a reputation over the years for working with actors like Helen Hunt, Cameron Diaz, Faye Dunaway, Courteney Cox, Drew Carey and Madonna.
- PM Imran chairs CCI meeting in Islamabad02:30 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Railways appoints first female Station Manager12:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Beirut blast: Death toll reaches 135, over 5,000 wounded in deadly ...10:22 AM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Disney's Mulan set for a digital release on September 405:18 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Shehzad Roy’s co-worker Wasu Khan in serious need of financial ...04:45 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020