Ex-chief of Pakistan Navy Admiral Mohammad Sharif passes away
ISLAMABAD - A former Navy chief, who died late Monday, has been laid to rest in the federal capital with full military honors.
The burial ceremony of late Admiral (r) Mohammad Sharif was attended by Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi, former chairman of the joint chiefs of staff committee and other retired and on-duty officers.
Sharif was the first four-star rank admiral of the Pakistan Navy, while he had also been served the country as CJCSC.
The Navy chief paid tribute to Sharif over his services for the country.
Sharif was born in the Bhurchh Basoha area of Kharian in Gujrat in 1920. He also fought in the World War II after gaining commission in Royal Navy India. He also showed gallantry performance in 1965 and 1971 wars. He was decorated with Hilal-e-Jurat and other awards for his bravery.
- Pakistan, WB to ink $188 mln disaster resilience pact06:39 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Indian siege of Occupied Kashmir completes 300 days06:10 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Ex-SC judge to hear Umar Akmal’s appeal against PCB ban05:59 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 70,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,519 confirmed ...05:46 PM | 31 May, 2020
- E-Exhibition in the time of COVID-1905:33 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020