UBL partners with Saylani Trust for nation-wide ration distribution project
KARACHI - UBL recently joined hands with Saylani Welfare International Trust, a reputable charitable organization, to distribute Ration Bags to needy families across Pakistan.
The Bank donated PKR 25 million to the Trust for the distribution of ration bags in 15 cities across Pakistan to families most affected by the lockdown situation under the Covid-19 pandemic.
Ms. Sima Kamil, President & CEO UBL said “Ramzan is a month of giving. We are humbled to be able to leverage our resources beyond providing uninterrupted financial services and reaching out to those most-affected during these testing times. We hope this contribution makes a positive difference in their lives.”
On April 23, the bank showed a profit after tax increased to Rs4.87 billion in the quarter ending March 2020, as compared to the Rs4.0 billion in the corresponding period last year, showing a growth of 21pc year-on-year.
However, when compared to the fourth quarter of 2019, profit after tax stayed practically stagnant, also at Rs4.87 billion.
The bank also announced an interim cash dividend of Rs 2.50 per share. However, Taurus Securities noted that this announcement followed yesterday’s SBP circular calling for banks to suspend dividend payouts for March and June quarters.
- Three Pakistan soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE moves to third stage of COVID-19 vaccine trials09:46 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020