Former Lahore CCPO Umar Sheikh threatens to launch political party if removed
LAHORE – Former Capital City Police Officer Umar Sheikh, who got sacked after a fair share of controversies, has threatened to launch a political party if he is forcibly removed from the service.
Sheikh gained national attention and sparked outrage earlier this year when the high-level cop made remarks implying that the victim of the Lahore motorway gang-rape incident shared responsibility for the gruesome incident.
Taking it to his official Facebook, Sheikh wrote that ‘I will form a political party (Young Patriots Party) if forcibly removed from the service. He referred the idea toward India’s Aam Aadmi Party which was established by an Indian politician and a former bureaucrat Arvind Kejriwal.
Dear Facebook Friends
اگر مجھے جبری ریٹائرڈ کر دیا گیا
تو میں چیف منسٹر دہلی کیجری وال کی طرز پہ ایک پولیٹیکل پارٹی...Posted by Sheikh Muhammad Umar on Wednesday, 21 April 2021
YPP will focus on bureaucratic and police reforms and prove to be a beacon of hope for dejected youth in this crisis. Adding that, members of the political party will wear Mao cap and serve people through social reforms.
Narrating the motive behind launching the party, Sheikh mentioned that the authorities did not let me introduce reforms within the system and yet he opted to introduce his own party which opposes the dilapidated system.
Let it be known that Sheikh has been superseded for the second time as he was not promoted to the rank of Additional Inspector General in grade 21. He approached the Supreme Court and also spoken against the decision on the media, terming the move as biased.
Lahore CCPO Umar Sheikh transferred 02:50 PM | 1 Jan, 2021
LAHORE - Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar on Friday transferred Lahore Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) Umar Sheikh ...
A number of his controversies include a major dispute between him and then IGP Shoib Dastaghir who expressed reservations about working with him.
Later, an audio clip of former CCPO Lahore was also surfaced in which he hurled abuses at a woman who approached him against the abduction of her husband. A junior officer also resigned after Sheikh hurled abuses at him in front of other officials.
Lahore CCPO Sheikh mysteriously goes on leave a ... 08:29 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
LAHORE – Lahore Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) Umar Sheikh has gone on a three-day leave on undisclosed ...
- PAKvWI: Azam Khan shifted to hospital for tests after head injury11:50 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- In a first, Pakistan Army organises joint medal parade in DR Congo ...11:26 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Ben Stokes takes ‘indefinite’ break for mental wellbeing10:51 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- PM Imran extends condolences to Turkey over forest fire causalities10:20 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:45 AM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Asim Azhar performs soulful rendition of Janam Fida-e-Haideri06:30 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Indian remake of Noor Jehan’s song in anti-Pakistan movie angers ...09:49 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021