Fake news debunked: Did CM Buzdar’s protocol cost a 2-year-old’s life at Punjab hospital?
MIAN CHANNU - A two-year-old girl, who was earlier believed to have died because she was not admitted to the emergency at a hospital in Khanewal district, is very much alive and receiving treatment at the very hospital.
Several media outlets reported on Tuesday that the chief protocol officer of Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar ordered closure of Mian Channu’s Tehsil Headquarters Hospital during the chief executive’s visit to the medical facility.
The officer “did not allow entry of the girl by locking the door despite repeated requests from the family which resulted in Komal’s death”, according to media reports.
However, a video of the CM’s visit shows the baby being treated for Thalassemia inside the hospital and her mother sitting beside her.
The CM also inquired after the patient’s health as shown in the video being circulated on social media.
CM Buzdar was on a visit to Mian Channu to inspect the working of Tehsil Headquarters Hospital and to offer condolences to the family of a close friend.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019