Fake news debunked: Did CM Buzdar’s protocol cost a 2-year-old’s life at Punjab hospital?
MIAN CHANNU - A two-year-old girl, who was earlier believed to have died because she was not admitted to the emergency at a hospital in Khanewal district, is very much alive and receiving treatment at the very hospital.
Several media outlets reported on Tuesday that the chief protocol officer of Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar ordered closure of Mian Channu’s Tehsil Headquarters Hospital during the chief executive’s visit to the medical facility.
The officer “did not allow entry of the girl by locking the door despite repeated requests from the family which resulted in Komal’s death”, according to media reports.
However, a video of the CM’s visit shows the baby being treated for Thalassemia inside the hospital and her mother sitting beside her.
The CM also inquired after the patient’s health as shown in the video being circulated on social media.
CM Buzdar was on a visit to Mian Channu to inspect the working of Tehsil Headquarters Hospital and to offer condolences to the family of a close friend.
- COVID-19: 'Please don’t make videos of people receiving Ration', ...03:25 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- PAF C-130 aircraft carrying Zaireen from Dalbandin lands at Skardu ...01:36 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Govt trying to maintain balance between lockdown to prevent spread of ...12:15 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Lahore police sealed all the entry and exit points of the city11:42 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Zahid Ahmed apologises to the nation for choosing a script ‘so ...05:02 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019