'Despacito' becomes first video in YouTube history to cross 6 billion views
It took a little over two years for the video to achieve this milestone. 'Despacito' has continued to break boundaries ever since its debut in January 2017.
It became the first video to break three billion views on YouTube, before going on to make history as it crossed four and five billion, too. It hit the 6 billion mark on 24 February 2019.
The song also made it into the Guinness World Records in 2018, when Fonsi was honored with seven titles for his chart-topping song. At 6 billion views, the video is currently leading the YouTube Billion Views Club.
The South Korean singer Psy was the first to cross the two-billion-views barrier on the platform with his 'Gangnam Style' in 2012, which also set off a dance craze. Psy is now fifth in the YouTube charts with 3.3 billion views.
We hope you too enjoyed listening to the hit song 'Despacito'.
- New Zealand pays Pakistan compensation for abruptly ending 2021 tour11:57 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Russia using new generation of lasers in Ukraine to burn up drones11:25 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Minimum fine of Rs2,000 for traffic violation in Lahore10:49 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Big Mac lover celebrates 50th anniversary of eating ‘best ...09:41 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022