'Despacito' becomes first video in YouTube history to cross 6 billion views
It took a little over two years for the video to achieve this milestone. 'Despacito' has continued to break boundaries ever since its debut in January 2017.
It became the first video to break three billion views on YouTube, before going on to make history as it crossed four and five billion, too. It hit the 6 billion mark on 24 February 2019.
The song also made it into the Guinness World Records in 2018, when Fonsi was honored with seven titles for his chart-topping song. At 6 billion views, the video is currently leading the YouTube Billion Views Club.
The South Korean singer Psy was the first to cross the two-billion-views barrier on the platform with his 'Gangnam Style' in 2012, which also set off a dance craze. Psy is now fifth in the YouTube charts with 3.3 billion views.
We hope you too enjoyed listening to the hit song 'Despacito'.
- PM Imran to seek fresh vote of confidence from parliament11:40 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6 – Quetta Gladiators beat Multan Sultans by 22 runs11:05 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Here are complete unofficial results of Senate Election 202109:53 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6 – Peshawar Zalmi fined for slow over-rate in match against ...09:15 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PM Imran Khan’s vote for Senate polls was also rejected?09:04 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Nauheed Cyrusi recreates Piya Basanti as the famous track turns 2007:00 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Birthday girl Shraddha Kapoor shows her dance moves at beach party06:13 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Anurag Kashyap and Taapsee Pannu face raids over 'tax evasion'05:14 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021