Tokyo Disney parks closing for two weeks on virus fears
TOKYO - The operator of Tokyo’s two Disney resorts, Disneyland and DisneySea, said Friday (Feb 28) that the parks would be closed for around two weeks on fears over the outbreak of the new coronavirus.
“Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea have decided to proceed with an extraordinary closure from Saturday, Feb 29,2020, through Sunday, March 15” after the government urged measures to limit the spread of the virus, the operator said in a statement.
The operator Oriental Land said it currently hoped to resume operations from March 16. “Currently, we plan to reopen on March 16. But we’ll decide when to open by looking at the situation and developments. We’ll also consult (official) agencies concerned,” a spokesman told AFP.
Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on ... 12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
ROME - The Venice Carnival festival will close Sunday, several days ahead of schedule, because of the coronavirus ...
More than 30 million visitors flood into the two parks per year, and they are among the most popular destinations for tourists coming to Tokyo. The move comes as the Japanese government steps up measures to tackle the outbreak of the virus, which has been linked to at least four deaths in the country and nearly 200 infections.
Coronavirus outbreak delays 'Mission Impossible ... 04:20 PM | 25 Feb, 2020
Paramount Pictures has reportedly delayed production of its anticipated action film “Mission: Impossible ...
On Thursday night, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe urged schools across the country to close for around a month, though nurseries and after-school clubs are exempt.
And the government has urged people to work from home and commute during off-peak hours, as well as avoid large gatherings.
- Govt trying to maintain balance between lockdown to prevent spread of ...12:15 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Lahore police sealed all the entry and exit points of the city11:42 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Indian troops kill three youth in IOK10:33 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- US Presidential election to be held on November 3: Trump09:46 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 34 deaths; Coronavirus cases reach 2,38609:09 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Here's what PM Imran Khan has to say regarding Maria.B controversy04:31 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Mahira Khan urges people to donate to PM’s coronavirus relief fund04:11 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019