Asif Zardari moves SC against transfer of fake bank accounts case
In his appeal filed through Farooq H. Naik, the former president contended that he was being politically victimized adding that he had spent time in jail and was acquitted in fake and fabricated cases in the past.
The appeal states that the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) had initiated a probe into the fake accounts case and did not nominate Asif Ali Zardari in the interim challan.
Former president pleaded in his petition that he be exonerated from 'fake and fabricated' fake accounts case.
Asif Ali Zardari and his sister Faryal Talpur had taken protective bail in the case multiple times. The case relates to opening of over 25 accounts in private banks through which money was allegedly laundered; Zardari's aides are believed to be involved in such suspicious transactions.
In its report presented before the Supreme Court, FIA had revealed that the money involved in the case was around Rs 100 billion.
In March this year, the banking court in Sindh ordered that the case be transferred to Islamabad where it is being heard by accountability judge Arshad Malik.
Pakistan Peoples Party leadership including Bilawal Bhutto and Chief Minister Sindh, Murad Ali Shah have repeatedly complained the transfer of case to Islamabad.
- China establishes world's largest 5G mobile network09:38 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- How many Pakistanis are expected to perform Hajj this year, reveals ...08:55 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Jamshed Iqbal Cheema appointed SAPM on food security07:48 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- In first step to control price hike, new Pakistani finance minister ...07:35 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Justin Bieber all set for a cameo in Friends: The Reunion Special05:31 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021