PTV given financial, administrative independence
According to local media, the prime minister chaired a meeting wherein it was decided that the Information Ministry would be stopped from deciding the matters of the PTV, Radio Pakistan and Shalimar Broadcasting Company.
Under the decision, the PTV board will be free to take its administrative and financial decisions without the influence of the ministry.
Moreover, the information ministry would not be allowed to review the decisions taken by the managing body of the state-run broadcasting entities.
The prime minister further said that the ministry would only give policy and editorial guidelines to the PTV.
He further said that the board of directors of PTV and Shalimar Broadcasting Company would also be merged.
- Pakistan reduces import of Ozone depleting substances to 50pc11:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Opposition announces Pakistan Democratic Movement against ...11:34 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Khobragade's posting at Indian HC incommensurate with Pakistan's ...11:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020