PTV given financial, administrative independence
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday decided to grant financial and administrative independence to the state-run television channel in order to end political interference in its affairs.
According to local media, the prime minister chaired a meeting wherein it was decided that the Information Ministry would be stopped from deciding the matters of the PTV , Radio Pakistan and Shalimar Broadcasting Company.
Under the decision, the PTV board will be free to take its administrative and financial decisions without the influence of the ministry.
Moreover, the information ministry would not be allowed to review the decisions taken by the managing body of the state-run broadcasting entities.
The prime minister further said that the ministry would only give policy and editorial guidelines to the PTV .
He further said that the board of directors of PTV and Shalimar Broadcasting Company would also be merged.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- PSL Draft 2020: Franchises pick players from platinum, diamond, gold ...08:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Justice (retd) Altaf Ibrahim takes oath as acting ECP chief06:15 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019