PTV given financial, administrative independence
According to local media, the prime minister chaired a meeting wherein it was decided that the Information Ministry would be stopped from deciding the matters of the PTV, Radio Pakistan and Shalimar Broadcasting Company.
Under the decision, the PTV board will be free to take its administrative and financial decisions without the influence of the ministry.
Moreover, the information ministry would not be allowed to review the decisions taken by the managing body of the state-run broadcasting entities.
The prime minister further said that the ministry would only give policy and editorial guidelines to the PTV.
He further said that the board of directors of PTV and Shalimar Broadcasting Company would also be merged.
- English football legend Michael Owen appointed PFL official ambassador06:54 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- PML-N refuses playing cricket match with Pakistan’s ruling party at ...06:22 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Balochistan face off Central Punjab in 4th match of National T20 2021 ...05:51 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Top Pakistani, Russian generals discuss military ties in Moscow05:29 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- vivo all set to launch the brand new Y33s in Pakistan04:41 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Umar Akmal’s hilarious Tiktok video sparks memefest02:30 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Veteran Pakistani actor Talat Iqbal passes away in US10:40 AM | 24 Sep, 2021