PTV given financial, administrative independence
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday decided to grant financial and administrative independence to the state-run television channel in order to end political interference in its affairs.
According to local media, the prime minister chaired a meeting wherein it was decided that the Information Ministry would be stopped from deciding the matters of the PTV , Radio Pakistan and Shalimar Broadcasting Company.
Under the decision, the PTV board will be free to take its administrative and financial decisions without the influence of the ministry.
Moreover, the information ministry would not be allowed to review the decisions taken by the managing body of the state-run broadcasting entities.
The prime minister further said that the ministry would only give policy and editorial guidelines to the PTV .
He further said that the board of directors of PTV and Shalimar Broadcasting Company would also be merged.
- FIA arrested 60-year-old woman for deceiving men on Facebook using ...01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- EU to challenge China-US trade agreement at WTO12:02 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Kashmir issue is not an internal affair of India, says FM Quresh11:24 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan condemns Indian CDS remarks about Kashmiri children09:17 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ariana Grande being sued for copyright over hit single '7 Rings' by ...03:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019