Malaysia in talks with Pakistan to import security guards
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan’s High Commissioner in Malaysia Amna Baloch Wednesday said Malaysia was negotiating with Pakistan to hire security guards after it had stopped hiring low-skilled workers from other countries.
“The initial negotiations between both the countries have already been held at the highest level while modalities to formalise the hiring process were being worked out,” she said during an exclusive talk with APP.
Previously, Amna said Malaysia was hiring security guards from Nepal under an agreement which now had been revised. “It is the best time for us to take advantage of this opportunity and send our low-skilled workforce to Malaysia.”
A senior officer from the Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development confirmed the development and said Malaysia had the potential to recruit 100,000 to 150,000 Pakistani security guards.
He said the agreement to send a Pakistani security guard to Malaysia was expected to be formalized during the upcoming visit of Prime Minister (PM) Imran Khan to Kula Lumpur.
The officer said the government was also in the consultative process with Malaysian authorities to regulate welfare process of intending emigrants in Malaysia. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in that regard was also expected to be signed during the upcoming visit of the PM to Malaysia.
He said the MoU had been prepared and sent to the Ministry of Law and Justice for vetting. Pakistani workers, after signing of the MoU, would be able to attain equal rights as being provided to the Malaysian workers.
The MoU was aimed at social protection of Pakistani manpower abroad, he added.
To a query, the officer said some 10,000 to 15,000 Pakistani workforce went to Malaysia per year under the MoU signed by both the governments in 2005. The MoU was also being revised to boost employment for Pakistanis in Malaysia, he added.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's death confirmed as ‘suicide’ on first ...07:04 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- National Foods attracts overseas Pakistanis with Brainchild ...06:41 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- FM Qureshi, Russia’s Lavrove emphasise on strong Islamabad-Moscow ...06:36 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes tax cut on 10 businesses06:12 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021