PM Imran stresses need for addressing problems of Karachi
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan, while stressing on the need for addressing problems of Karachi, said the Federal Government is in favour of full implementation of Article 140 A of the Constitution to address the longstanding problems of the city.
In a statement, he said the longstanding problems of Karachi cannot be solved unless the elected local government representatives become financially, politically and administratively autonomous in the spirit of the Constitution.
Article 140 A of the Constitution states that each province shall, by law, establish a local government system and devolve political, administrative and financial responsibility, and authority to the elected representatives of the local governments, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The Prime Minister directed the Attorney General Pakistan to request the Supreme Court for an early hearing and disposal of the petition pending before the august court regarding Article 140A.
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,315 new cases, 33 deaths08:40 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 27 February 202108:00 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Peshawar Zalmi defeat Quetta Gladiators by 3 wickets11:55 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Kashif Zameer accused of kidnapping, torturing social media activist ...10:27 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Kite-flyer downs police drone monitoring Basant ban in Rawalpindi ...08:56 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Quetta Gladiators' Chris Gayle takes on Shalwar Challenge in Pakistan05:16 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga offers $500,000 for her stolen French dogs04:29 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Atif Aslam releases teaser for his upcoming song Raat02:55 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021