PM Imran stresses need for addressing problems of Karachi
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan, while stressing on the need for addressing problems of Karachi, said the Federal Government is in favour of full implementation of Article 140 A of the Constitution to address the longstanding problems of the city.
In a statement, he said the longstanding problems of Karachi cannot be solved unless the elected local government representatives become financially, politically and administratively autonomous in the spirit of the Constitution.
Article 140 A of the Constitution states that each province shall, by law, establish a local government system and devolve political, administrative and financial responsibility, and authority to the elected representatives of the local governments, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The Prime Minister directed the Attorney General Pakistan to request the Supreme Court for an early hearing and disposal of the petition pending before the august court regarding Article 140A.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020