SHO suspended over rape allegations
OKARA - A senior police officer has been suspended over a woman's claims that he assaulted and raped her, authorities confirmed on Sunday.
Police took the action after a woman's complaint that Station House Officer (SHO) Anjum Zia of Hujra Shah Muqeem had allegedly beaten and sexually abused her earlier this month.
On this, District Police Officer (DPO), Omer Saeed Malik, ordered an official inquiry and formed a committee to probe the allegations and suspended Inspector Zia until the report has not been completed.
The committee would carry out the investigation and present a report in three days, a spokesperson for Okara police said.
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020