UAE suspends all flights from Pakistan over coronavirus
ABU DHABI – The United Arab Emirates will temporarily stop receiving passengers on flights coming from Pakistan, the country’s civil aviation authority said on Sunday.
This suspension, effective Monday, will stand until a laboratory is set up for COVID-19 tests, according to the United Arab Emirates’ General Civil Aviation Authority (GCCA).
The move is being made to ensure the health and safety of arrivals from Pakistan, with the GCCA saying that passengers on all flights, including transfers, will not be allowed at UAE airports, the Emirates’ state news agency WAM reported.
The decision also applies to transit flights originating from Pakistan.
COVID-19: Emirates suspends flight operation for ... 09:29 PM | 23 Jun, 2020
United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) state-owned flag carrier has suspended its flight operation for Pakistan due to ...
The GCCA is urging all passengers who are affected by this decision to contact their airlines or travel agents to make alternate plans.
Pakistan International Airlines serves four cities in the UAE from numerous cities in Pakistan, including Lahore and Karachi.
The announcement comes as Pakistan has surpassed 206,000 cases of the coronavirus and has accumulated over 4,100 deaths.
The United Arab Emirates, on the other hand, has recorded just over 47,000 cases while 313 people have lost their lives since the virus outbreak earlier this year.
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020