Sania Mirza reaches Lahore to see Pak vs SL game for the first time
After a gap of eight years following the terrorist attack at Liberty, the Sri Lankan cricket team arrived at Lahore's Allama Iqbal International Airport in the early hours of Sunday to play the final Twenty20 international match at a heavily-guarded Gaddafi Stadium.
Sri Lanka team return to Lahore after eight years ... 11:36 AM | 29 Oct, 2017
LAHORE - Sri Lanka’s cricket team on Saturday late night arrived in Lahore under heavy security to play the final ...
Sri Lankan Captain Thushara Perera expressed joy upon his arrival in Pakistan and said that his team would try and give their best on the field today.
Asanka Gurusinha and Hashan Tillakaratne two of Sri Lanka's survivors in the 2009 attack that killed eight have also arrived at to Lahore again as team manager and batting coach respectively.
Pakistan clinch T20I series against Sri Lanka in ... 09:36 PM | 29 Oct, 2017
Facebook Twitter ...
However, several Sri Lanka players still opted out of playing in Pakistan. Regular captain Upul Tharanga, Lasith Malinga, Niroshan Dickwella, Suranga Lakmal and Akila Dananjaya all pulled out.
Cricket-starved fans have bought tickets in large numbers to witness Sunday's match despite the series already being won by Pakistan.
British-Pakistani boxer Amir Khan has also arrived in the city to see the much-awaited game.
- Zameen Developments and Bodla Builders sign agreement with DHA Multan ...05:01 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Asian Development Bank powers Pakistan with $603mn for Ehsaas program04:17 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- BANvPAK: Pakistan seal Test series win over Bangladesh04:07 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Faisalabad women 'willingly undressed themselves' in new CCTV footage03:24 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood sets temperature soaring with new bold photoshoot02:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Junaid Jamshed remembered on fifth death anniversary10:20 PM | 7 Dec, 2021