Jamat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed placed under house arrest
Saeed has been put under arrest at Jamia Qadsia, headquarter of the organisation, whlile Abdullah Ubbaid, Zafar Iqbal, Abdul Rehman Abid and Qazi Kashif Niaz have also been put under house arrest.
The action followed the statement of Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan in which he stated the activities of Jamaat-ud-Dawa have been observing since 2011 and details over possible action against it would be made public tomorrow.
Nisar added that Jamaat-ud-Dawa has been declared as banned outfit in resolution of Security Council of the United Nations (UN) and every state is required to take action. He added that Pakistan was going to take an action against the group now which was pending.
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021