Jamat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed placed under house arrest
Saeed has been put under arrest at Jamia Qadsia, headquarter of the organisation, whlile Abdullah Ubbaid, Zafar Iqbal, Abdul Rehman Abid and Qazi Kashif Niaz have also been put under house arrest.
The action followed the statement of Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan in which he stated the activities of Jamaat-ud-Dawa have been observing since 2011 and details over possible action against it would be made public tomorrow.
Nisar added that Jamaat-ud-Dawa has been declared as banned outfit in resolution of Security Council of the United Nations (UN) and every state is required to take action. He added that Pakistan was going to take an action against the group now which was pending.
- Pakistan slams Indian attempt to link Udaipur accused to Pakistani ...11:56 PM | 29 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan's new coalition govt considering cheap oil import from ...11:29 PM | 29 Jun, 2022
- Reporter's mispronunciation of Kubra Khan's name results in laughter09:12 PM | 29 Jun, 2022
- First-ever High Performance Tennis Training Camp concludes08:50 PM | 29 Jun, 2022
- Saba Qamar stuns fans with new dance video07:54 PM | 29 Jun, 2022
- Shopping hacks: How to save more to keep up with inflation06:03 PM | 29 Jun, 2022
- Ms Marvel: What happened in Karachi as Kamala Khan met her Nani in ...06:21 PM | 29 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022